Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Don't look ahead.. just run to me."

Change is good.
I've been really busy lately.  School this week is hell. 4 midterms. I only have 2 to go, then it's Spring Break & I'll be in Florida for a week! I can't wait to get away.

I think of myself this time last year and my life is completely different now. It has definitely changed for the better. It's been really hard but I know that things are better for myself and even though I find myself miserable or still heart broken from time to time, I know I will keep getting better and eventually I will find all those good feelings again in someone who wants to feel these things too, with me.

Spring Break last year I went with a small group of friends on a cruise to Mexico and I found myself completely as myself. I found myself letting go and I was different. Even my friends saw this in me. I remember laying in my bunk and my friend Chelsea was looking at me and I was like "uhhh what?" and she just smiled and said "I'm glad you are here and I'm glad I'm with here with you. I haven't seen you smile this much or look this beautiful. You look so happy." I could tell she was being genuine. It was weird at first. 1. I am kinda weird about showing affection like that or whatever. 2. It was extremely random.  But after I thought about it for a little bit, she was right... I was different and I was smiling and happier than I had been in a long time.  And that started my crazy change. I came back from Spring Break and I knew I needed to change things in my life. I knew I was unhappy and that my life was completely routine and I wasn't doing what I wanted or making my decisions on my own. I relied on the opinion of the person in my life that I put before me. & I had been doing this for almost 4 years. I was too young to be living like that. We were in completely different stages of our lives. I was missing out on college.. I was missing out on learning about myself. 

So I'm going to go on Spring break with the majority of the same people as last time plus new friends and I am going to have a blast. I feel so good thinking about last year and the crazy realizations I came to. Last Spring Break was a huge growing experience and I can't wait to see what this one has in store for me.  

It's so weird how things work out. 



We have a zoo. 
Deana, my room mate, rescued a dog about 2 weeks ago. Shes a good dog. Her name is Bebe (pronounced "B B") she like me better than Deana and hangs out in my room all day long looking at my 2 pet rats. haha She is obsessed. 





My name is Cristina Davis, and I can't wait until I am in Florida and then Atlanta when I return.

Currently: Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment